Who the service is for
The Dermatology service is for people living in south Essex.
About the service
The Dermatology service offers a range of specialist services.
- Minor surgery
- Paediatric dermatology clinic (at Basildon Hospital)
- One stop dermatology tumour clinics, where appropriate surgery is carried out on the same day
- Active UV photo therapy, including PUVA (whole body and hands and feet), both systemic and bath PUVA, and narrow band (TLO 1) UVB.
- Allergy clinics and patch testing
- Leg ulcer clinics
- Photo dynamic therapy (PDT) clinics
- Severe psoriasis clinic
- Combined dermatology – gynaecology clinic for vulval disorders
- Radiotherapy – local oncology clinics are held at Basildon and Orsett hospitals but treatment is undertaken in Southend
Where patients require inpatient hospital care they will be admitted to Basildon University Hospital or to Southend Hospital
Arthur Rook Centre for Dermatology at Basildon University Hospital: 01268 524900 ext 8250/3729
Southend Hospital Dermatology Day Unit: 01702 385834