GynaecologyGynaecology Outpatient Department, Basildon University Hospital,
Nethermayne, Basildon, Essex, SS16 5NL
Monday – Friday, 9am – 8pm
Saturday – Sunday, 8am – 4pm
01268 524900 ext 8030
Who the service is for
Women with gynaecological conditions, sexual health problems and early pregnancy complications.
About the service
The gynaecology department is a specialised department offering:
- gynaecology emergency unit
- investigation and treatment for many gynaecological conditions and early pregnancy complications
- treatment for pelvic pain and pelvic infection
- urogynaecology and pelvic floor reconstruction
- care for women having a miscarriage
- endometriosis clinic
- menopause clinic
- ‘one stop’ direct referral colposcopy clinic
- ‘one stop’ menstrual disorder clinic offering a full consultation, a pelvic and vaginal ultrasound scan and, if required, a diagnostic hysteroscopy.
- gynaecology oncology services
- gynaecology urology for incontinence problems and urodynamics investigations
- reproductive health clinic
- surgical termination of pregnancy up to 12 weeks gestation
- assisted conception clinic offering specialist opinion, with referral to another hospital for treatment
- surgical treatment for ovarian cysts, polycystic ovaries, endometriosis, fibroids, hysterectomy, myomectomy, oophorectomy
This unit accepts GP referrals for emergency gynaecology and early pregnancy complications, Monday – Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Urgent gynaecological conditions include:
- suspected ectopic pregnancy
- acute onset of pelvic inflammatory disease
- injury to the genital tract
- problems following assisted conception treatments such as ovarian hyper stimulation
- early pregnancy complications
- post-partum complications
- acute onset of pelvic pain and suspected infection
Support for patients
We offer bereavement support for women who have experienced pregnancy loss.
The gynaecology cancer nurse specialist offers counselling, information and support to patients and relatives.