|Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)|
Page 1 of 5The paediatric department provides a range of services at Basildon Hospital, which includes a designated sub-regional neonatal intensive care unit and 24-hour paediatric assessment unit. Outpatient clinics are also provided at Orsett Hospital.
This is a dedicated Children's Outpatient Department, sited within the paediatric unit, providing a wide range of children's clinics. Clinics are also available at Orsett Outpatients Department.
- General paediatric medical clinics
- Orthopaedic, surgical, dermatology and urology clinics
- Tertiary cardiac, endocrine, surgical and neurological clinics
- Multi-disciplinary diabetic clinics
- Heart Mumour and telemedicine clinic
- Parent teaching for new techniques e.g. epipens and diabetic pens
- The wards have an adjacent playroom and outside play area
- A dedicated school room with a full time school teacher and part-time classroom assistant, with established links to the home tuition services
- There is a staff kitchen and rest room and a separate parent's kitchen
- A large seminar room provides facilities for staff teaching and houses a large selection of medical reference books
- The Ronald McDonald House provides ensuite accommodation and relaxation and cooking facilities for long stay parents