Acute Medical Unit East
Friday, 08 April 2011 10:27
Acute Medical Unit - East
Level C, Basildon University Hospital,
Nethermayne, Basildon, Essex, SS16 5NL
Who the Unit is for
Patients who need acute medical care. Patients may be referred by their GP, community services or the Accident and Emergency department (A&E).
About the Unit
The Acute Medical Unit East, provides assessment and medical care including:
- nurse-led patient assessment
- tests and investigations
- immediate treatment for medical conditions
- planning for further treatment and care
The Acute Medical Unit East is not a hospital ward. Patients are not expected to stay for longer than 24-48 hours.
Following assessment and any immediate treatment, patients may be admitted onto a hospital ward or they may be discharged home where appropriate. We work closely with community health and social care services to support the patient's discharge home
01268 524900 ext 4630
Open from 2.30pm - 5.30pm with a quiet time between 5pm - 6.30pm. The quiet time does not mean relatives and friends cannot visit, just that consideration needs to be given to activity and clinical interventions during this time.
Information for visitors:
- Visitors are asked to bring in any medication that the patient may be taking (in the original container where possible), a small amount of money and toiletries.
- Flowers are not permitted.
- Due to the high number of patients moving through the Unit, relatives will not be contacted before the patient is transferred to a ward. Please call before visiting if you wish to check whether your relative is still in the Acute Medical Unit.
Last Updated on Monday, 03 March 2014 09:18