Acute Medical Unit East
Friday, 08 April 2011 10:27
Acute Medical Unit - East
Level C,¬†Basildon University Hospital,
Nethermayne, Basildon, Essex, SS16 5NL
Who the Unit is for
Patients who need acute medical care. Patients may be¬†referred by their GP, community services or the Accident and Emergency department (A&E).
About the Unit
The Acute Medical Unit East, provides assessment and medical care including:
- nurse-led patient assessment
- tests and investigations
- immediate treatment for medical conditions
- planning for further treatment and care
The Acute Medical Unit East is not a hospital ward.¬†Patients are not expected to stay for longer than 24-48 hours.
Following assessment and any immediate treatment, patients may be admitted onto a hospital ward or they may be discharged home where appropriate. We work closely with community health and social care services to¬†support¬†the patient's discharge home
01268 524900 ext 4630
Open from 11am- 7pm with a quiet time between 5pm - 6.30pm. The quiet time does not mean relatives and friends cannot visit, just that consideration needs to be given to activity and clinical interventions during this time.
Information for visitors:
- Visitors are asked to bring in any medication that the patient may be taking (in the original container where possible), a small amount of money and toiletries.
- Flowers are not permitted.
- Due to the high number of patients moving through the Unit, relatives will not be contacted¬†before the patient¬†is transferred to a ward. Please call before visiting if¬†you wish to check¬†whether your relative is still in the Acute Medical Unit.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 January 2015 17:10