Friday, 08 April 2011 11:46
Level A, Basildon University Hospital,
Nethermayne, Basildon, Essex, SS16 5NL
Who the ward is for
Women with gynaecology problems and women who have had surgery.
About the ward
Elsdon Ward provides treatment and care for women with gynaecology problems, including:
- inpatient and outpatient assessment and treatment
- tests and investigations
- investigation and treatment for suspected or diagnosed cancer of the reproductive tract
- treatment and care for ectopic pregnancy, pelvic inflammatory disease, hypodermises gravidarium, endometriosis, psychosexual health problems
- minimal invasive surgery through the vagina or abdomen
- counselling on all aspects of women's health, including miscarriage, bereavement and infertility
- termination of pregnancy, including counselling and sexual health advice
- mobile information support service for patients with cancer
- 24-hour access by telephone to experienced gynaecology nursing staff
The ward also provides care for women following an operation.
Number of beds
The single sex ward has 15 beds:
- 12 beds in four bed bays
- 3 beds in side rooms
Senior Sister: Elizabeth Heasman
01268 524900 ext 4528
Open from 2.30pm - 8.30pm with a quiet time between 5pm - 6.30pm. The quiet time does not mean relatives and friends cannot visit, just that consideration needs to be given to activity and clinical interventions during this time.
Information for visitors
- Children and flowers are welcomed.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 March 2014 14:59