Marjory Warren Ward
Monday, 11 April 2011 13:56
|Marjory Warren Ward
Level B, Jubilee Wing, Basildon University Hospital,
Nethermayne, Basildon, Essex, SS16 5NL
Who the ward is for
Patients who need general medical care or with respiratory conditions.
About the ward
Marjory Warren Ward is a general medical ward for patients who come into hospital either as a planned or an emergency admission. The ward specialises in the care of patients with respiratory conditions and provides:
- tests and investigations
- treatment of a range of respiratory conditions
- non-invasive ventilation for patients who have severe respiratory failure
- symptom management and diagnostic therapies, including blood gas analysis and oxygen trials
- chest-drain procedure room with ultrasonic imaging equipment
Staff work closely with the respiratory nurse specialists, lung cancer nurse specialists, sleep services and TB nurse specialists.
Number of beds
Senior Sister: Rebecca Dunn
01268 524900 ext 4614
Open from 2.30pm - 5.30pm with a quiet time between 5pm - 6.30pm. The quiet time does not mean relatives and friends cannot visit, just that consideration needs to be given to activity and clinical interventions during this time.
If you would like to visit outside of these hours, please discuss this in advance with the nurse in charge.
Information for visitors
- Children can visit at the discretion of the nurse in charge.
- Patient information folders are available. If there is not a copy by the bedside please ask the nurse in charge.
Last Updated on Monday, 03 March 2014 09:28