Monday, 11 April 2011 14:57
Level B, Maternity Unit, Basildon University Hospital,
Nethermayne, Basildon, Essex, SS16 5NL
Who the ward is for
Mothers following the birth of their baby and women who need closer observation during pregnancy.
About the ward
Cedar Ward provides care for mothers who have just given birth, and for their newborn baby. Support provided for new parents includes:
- infant feeding support (UNICEF Baby Friendly accredited unit)
- support with baby care needs
- information on postnatal care needs (e.g. postnatal exercises, family planning)
- perinatal counselling
- information for parents regarding how to help to prevent cot death
Cedar Ward also provides closer observation for women with problems during their pregnancy, who will be cared for by a team of experienced midwives and obstetric doctors.
Women will also be admitted to this area if their pregnancy reaches 12 days past due date and they require induction of labour.
Number of beds
- 23 postnatal beds including two single rooms with en-suite facilities, for partners to stay in special circumstances
- 6 antenatal beds
- Kitchen with facilities to make tea and coffee.
- Fridge for storing chilled items (please be aware that we do not have facilities to reheat food).
- Milk kitchen with facilities for sterilising feeding equipment, preparation of feeds and storage of expressed breastmilk
Ward Manager: Liz Carpenter
01268 524900 ext 4596
Partners: 7am - midnight
Other visitors: 4pm - 7pm
Information for visitors
- Children aged under 16 years are not permitted to visit, except for patients' / partners' own children.
- Flowers are permitted, but please be aware we do not provide vases for presentation.
Last Updated on Monday, 12 August 2013 09:30