Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)┬áDepartmentThe Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)┬áDepartment provides surgical and medical treatment for people with conditions of the head and neck, ears, nose and throat.
Emergency referral clinic
An ENT emergency referral clinic runs Monday┬á- Friday, 8am┬á- 9am, on the Surgical┬áReferrals Unit. GPs can contact on-call medical staff via switchboard and then┬árefer the patient to the ward, with a letter.
ENT Unit (Surgical Admissions Unit): 01268 524900 ext 8395
Services offered by the ENT Department include:
- Hearing loss
- Chronic discharging ear
- Balance disorders
- Ear noise (tinnitus)
- Insertion of grommets
- Medical and surgical treatment of deafness
- Plastic surgeries on ear (Pinna plasty)
- Hearing aids including bone anchored hearing aids
The Audiology Department offers a full range of services for people of all ages who have hearing difficulties, balance disorders, and associated problems. For further information please click here.
- Injuries to the nose
- Deformities of the nose
- Sinus problems
- Allergic rhinitis
- Nose reshaping (Rhinoplasty)
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Voice and swallowing disorders
- Medical and surgical management of voice disorders
Head and neck
- Swelling of the neck
- Thyroid disorders
- Medical and surgical treatment of throat and neck cancers
Complex head and neck cancer services and major inpatient surgery┬á are centralised at Broomfield Hospital.