The Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Department provides surgical and medical treatment for people with conditions of the head and neck, ears, nose and throat.
Emergency referral clinic
Surgical Referrals Unit, Level B, Basildon University Hospital,
Nethermayne, Basildon, Essex, SS16 5NL
Telephone: 01268 524900 ext 8395
Opening times: Monday - Friday, 8am - 9am
GPs can contact on-call medical staff via switchboard and then refer the patient to the ward, with a letter.
About the ENT service
- Hearing loss
- Chronic discharging ear
- Balance disorders
- Ear noise (tinnitus)
- Insertion of grommets
- Medical and surgical treatment of deafness
- Plastic surgeries on ear (Pinna plasty)
- Hearing aids including bone anchored hearing aids
The Audiology Department offers a full range of services for people of all ages who have hearing difficulties, balance disorders, and associated problems. For further information please see our Audiology Department page.
- Injuries to the nose
- Deformities of the nose
- Sinus problems
- Allergic rhinitis
- Nose reshaping (Rhinoplasty)
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Voice and swallowing disorders
- Medical and surgical management of voice disorders
Head and neck
- Swelling of the neck
- Thyroid disorders
- Medical and surgical treatment of throat and neck cancers
Complex head and neck cancer services and major inpatient surgery are centralised at Broomfield Hospital.