We have been given a directive that we must take steps to minimise the impact of the current Coronavirus (COVID 19) particularly for our patients who may be more vulnerable to infection.
For the safety of our patients and staff, from 24 March visitors will not be permitted to enter Basildon Hospital.
The only exceptions will be:
- Where a patient is receiving end-of-life care
- A partner accompanying a woman in labour
- Children’s wards and neonatal units, one visitor per child
We ask for the public’s help in respecting these rules.
If you need urgent advice: Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
nhs.uk/covid-19/ Only call 111 if you cannot get help online