There are a number of facilities in our hospitals where patients and visitors can get refreshments.
Restaurant (by main entrance)
The coffee bar in the main restaurant is open 7.30am–8pm, serving drinks and snacks.
A range of hot and cold foods including sandwiches, salad, fruit and snacks is served in the main restaurant:
Breakfast: 7.30-10.30am Monday to Sunday
Lunch: 11.45am – 2pm Monday to Friday; 12-4.30pm Saturday and Sunday
Dinner: 5.30-8pm Monday to Friday; 5-8pm Saturday and Sunday
League of Friends tea bars
The League of Friends tea bars offer hot and cold drinks, filled rolls and snacks.
- Outpatient department: 10am-3pm Monday to Thursday; 10am-1pm Friday
- Antenatal department: 9am-1pm Monday to Friday
- Costa Café in The Essex Cardiothoracic Centre
The café is open 7.30am-6pm Monday to Friday; 9.30am-6pm Saturday and Sunday serving a range of hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, toasted sandwiches and snacks.
- RVS shop (by main entrance)
The RVS shop sells papers and magazines, confectionary, cards and a small range of essential items. Opening times are:
- Monday 9.30am–7.30pm
- Tuesday 8am-7.30pm
- Wednesday 9.30am–7.30pm
- Thursday 8am-7.30pm
- Friday 9.30am-4.30pm
- Saturday and Sunday 9.30am-4.30pm
- RVS baby shop (antenatal entrance)
The RVS baby shop is open 10am-3pm Monday to Friday, selling confectionary and a small range of baby items.
- Vending machines are available outside the restaurant, in accident and emergency (A&E) and in the CTC outpatient department.
A tea bar in the main outpatient reception offers hot and cold drinks and snacks 9am-4pm Monday to Friday.
Vending machines offering hot and cold drinks are also available.