Level C, Maternity Department, Basildon University Hospital,
Nethermayne, Basildon, Essex, SS16 5NL
Ward Matron: Madelaine Rees
Telephone: 01268 524900 ext 4598
During labour you may have the same two birthing partners of your choice with you at all times.
Once your baby is delivered, apart from your partner and the newborn’s siblings, visiting times are 4pm - 7pm.
Who the ward is for
Women with higher risk pregnancies who need closer observation during labour.
About the ward
The delivery suite provides care for women with more complex labours. It is run by experienced midwives, obstetricians and anaesthetists.
- Patient Kitchen
- Forget-me-not Suite. This room is for families following the rare event of a stillbirth.
Number of beds
- 6 delivery rooms. Each delivery room is private.
- 4 rooms for women who need induction
- 3 beds for women who need intensive observation
- Breakfast: 8am
- Lunch: 12noon
- Supper: 5.30pm
Please check with your midwife regarding eating during your labour.
Information for visitors
- Children under the age of 16 years are not permitted to visit, other than siblings.
- Flowers are permitted, but please be aware we do not provide vases for presentation.